Mr. K's house of various things

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sooner than I expected.

Have you ever been in one of those relationships where you are only doing it because you have nothing better to do? Well I haven't, I just thought it would be a good analogy to my life. But you know what they say, "necessity is the mother of all invention." Unfortunately what I need to invent is a new situation. I'm coming up on the beginning of my 3rd month here and to this day I have probably only spoken about 100 sentences in Japanese. That probably equates to about 22 minutes of speaking time. Granted, speaking practice was only about 70% of the reason I came here. It's true that if I weren't as shy that speaking time would be alot higher but maybe about 2 hours at best. You all know the story, I don't mean to always focus on it but hey, it's my blog so thhhhbbbbttttt!

So let's see, good stuff, good stuff, hmmmmm... I went to some fire and earthquake information building in Ikebukuro where they have a cool earthquake room and a smoke maze. In the earthquake room they have a simulation of an earthquake and you have to run around and turn off the gas and stuff while walking around like a drunkard. It was fun but the smoke maze was the best. The have a fake office that they fill up with smoke and you have to crawl around to find your way out. It's all about safety but it's still fun and the best part is that it's free.

Recently there have been alot of Christmas decorations put up all over the place. I thought there would be some, but there are actually alot here. (You may have seen some of the pictures from my previous post.) So to get in the spirit I put some in my room too. Unfortunately, it just makes my room look like a depressing retirement home where nobody comes to visit the senile old man that thinks everyone is his grandson. It's a nice ambiance I guess, but it also creeps me out a bit too.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm still doing my thing. I'm just not sure why.

2 Comments:

  • The longer you're there, the more comfortable you'll get.

    By Blogger anotherfluke, at 2:41 PM  

  • that's interesting, that you haven't spoken japanese that much. I got the chance to speak a bit of Chinese in Taiwan but that's because I had to or I wouldn't have gotten anything to eat. :) Or maybe it was because once I did then I would be asked if I was 100% Chinese, where I was from etc. I'm very good at saying I'm "Overseas Chinese" and "No, I'm not mixed." (aka chinese/caucasian mixed)

    The emergency preparedness place sounds cool. Taiwan didn't have to many Christmas-y things when I was there, hard to find a fake tree etc. But I bet American material culture has gotten more and more popular there and there are probably tons of lights everywhere now.

    Your lights do look a little creepy in the picture, but overall it makes your room look like a bar. :D

    By Blogger justawave, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home